Healthy Salad Recipes
Exercising and eating right are the two keys to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy helps you get into shape and helps you feel good and energized throughout the day. Below are a few healthy and delicious salad recipes that will make your weight loss journey easy and fun.
Low-Calorie Chickpea Salad for Lunch Substitution
Since low-calorie salads can deprive your body of essential nutrients, chickpea salads are great for healthy weight loss. Chickpeas are a rich source of all the crucial nutrients for the body while letting you lose weight. These nutrients include protein, folate, manganese, and dietary fiber.
- 4 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1 peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons of coriander paste
- 4-5 fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt, cumin powder, and black pepper to taste
Take a bowl and fill it with the boiled chickpeas. Add lemon juice and stir once. Add all the vegetables and top them with the coriander paste. Add salt, black pepper, and cumin powder to taste. Mix everything well and garnish with fresh coriander leaves for added freshness.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Spinach is a great source of protein and fiber. A mix of strawberry and spinach boosts metabolism and adds delight to your salad-centric meal.
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 5 quartered strawberries
- Strawberry citrus vinaigrette
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cover a platter with baby spinach and top it with walnuts and strawberries. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the spinach and place the rest next to the salad. Top with freshly grated pepper and cheese.
Caesar Salad with Avocado and Rustic Chips
Get a delicious salad that serves as an entire meal with intricate ingredients. Cut down on calories with this delicious Caesar salad with Parmesan cheese on chips.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 shredded garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup of thawed frozen corn
- 3 hearts of romaine
Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a jar and refrigerate.
Heat the oven to 350o. Place the tortilla drizzled with oil. Rub the spices with a kitchen brush and rip the tortilla into uneven, rustic looking pieces. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until the chips are light brown.
Chop the romaine hearts into a bowl and top them with corn and salad dressing. Scoop out the avocado and drop small balls into your salad. Top with chips and add salt and pepper to taste right before serving.
Who said that healthy food could not be delicious? With nourishing ingredients such as walnuts, strawberries, chickpeas, and avocados, you can get lip-smacking recipes that will help you lose weight.